The Sanremo equestrian centre is dedicated to horse-riding sport and recreation . The Societa Ippica Sanremo, is the oldest and most prestigious sporting institution in the city and one of the symbols of the sport in the Riviera dei Fiori.
In 1927 the engineer Pietro Agosti first mayor of San Remo obtained from the Government a final license for gambling Casino of Sanremo, and settled with the directors of the Casino that a portion of the proceeds would be used for the construction of works of public interest the engineer Agosti exploited that money for the construction of a sports field dedicated to horse-riding of about 36,000 square meters located in the region Solaro.
The competition is organized on the occasion of the inauguration of the camp , which took place on February 1 , 1930, there were several prominent personalities including riders illustrious, personages of high society Liguria, representatives of six nations and even the King Vittorio Emanuele III as a sponsor of the event. In 1933 , it was completed of the Equestrian Center .
As it was in the Riviera dei Fiori, The Equestrian Center was badly damaged by bombing during the Second World War, and after the end of the war the facilities were used as a refugee camp for displaced people fleeing war-torn areas .
Years later, the City decided to reconstruct the complex and bring it back to its former glory.
To manage and maintain the honor of the sanremo equestrian centre have been over the years the two historical club Presidents , Professor Cavalli 1962-1987 and the lawyer Vanni Zunino 1987-2003 .
But the prestige that resides in the Club also stems from the personalities of international renown who have competed here : Marshal Veronesi , colonels Raimondo and Piero D’ Inzeo , the celebrated equestrian Italian brothers invincible , winning several medals at the Olympics and Championships world , and Graziano Mancinelli , at the time called The Rider par excellence, Italian champion of the ’60s and ’70s.